HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade
- The NVIDIA Tesla M60 PCIe graphics card provides 2 GPUs with 4,096 CUDA cores and 16 GB of GDDR5 video RAM. The Tesla M60 with NVIDIA's Grid 2.0+ software accelerates from 2 to 32 virtual desktops.
- A cost-effective, professional-class GPU. The M3000SE is available as a single mezzanine adapter for a single user or up to six M3000SE GPUs with the MultiGPU Carrier for virtualized compute blades.
Improve Operational EfficiencyThe HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade has a high host density of up to 16 (or 8 expansion) blades and high graphics density of up to 48 GPUs or 512 users per 10U rack space. Increases data center efficiency for floor space, electricity and cooling. Facilitates intellectual property protection by keeping data local to the data center where data leak protection measures are most easily implemented and monitored. It offers virtualized compute and graphics for efficient resource utilization. Enables high-density office and task worker deployments of virtual applications and desktops built on Microsoft® Windows® 10 and Office 2016 with GPU acceleration. Greatly reduces data concurrency issues by making a single data set available world wide. No need to build elaborate data transfer architectures to move design files closer to the user.
GPU Accelerated End-user ComputingThe HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade delivers a virtualized, full-fidelity desktop experience including support for 3D graphics applications. Provides hardware accelerated graphics for professional workstation class performance or high density Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). Supports all VDI and application virtualization use cases from professional designer to task worker. Both compute and graphics processors can be virtualized with up to 16 user sessions per GPU allowing for up to 512 user sessions per 10 rack unit enclosure. Nearly twice the user session density of rack servers. Data is stored local to the WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade, so complex 3D design models load faster than LAN deployments.
Improved Resource Use and Access FlexibilityThe HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade provides professional-grade performance and industry leading GPU density with NVIDIA Tesla M6, Quadro M3000SE or AMD FirePro S7100X graphics virtualization technology by using the HPE MultiGPU carrier. Data is stored near the WS460c workstation so model and file loads occur faster over data center 10 GigE networks. Since data is stored in one place it is easier to protect from theft and eliminates data concurrency issues. High user-session density of up to 512 virtual desktops per 10 rack unit enclosure maximizes data center footprint and lowers cost by increasing compute efficiency and global, follow-the-sun resource utilization.
Transforming Business Economics by Accelerating Service DeliveryEach HPE ProLiant WS460c Gen9 Graphics Server Blade can be managed by HPE OneView software delivering the power of one—a single comprehensive view of the data center, managing hardware, software, firmware, and drivers. HPE Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) software features server lifecycle management advancements including iLO Federation, which remotely manages groups of servers at scale.
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 product family
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 product family
Number of processors
- 2 or 1
Processor core available
- 4 or 6 or 8 or 10 or 12 or 14 or 16 or 18 or 20 or 22
- 10MB L3
- 15MB L3
- 20MB L3
- 25MB L3
- 30MB L3
- 35MB L3
- 40MB L3
- 45MB L3
- 50MB L3
- 55MB L3
Form factor chassis
Power supply type
- (2) Maximum – For detail descriptions reference the QuickSpecs
- Using 64 GB DIMMs, available in June 2016
- 16 DIMM slots
- DDR4 SmartMemory
- (2) SFF SAS/SATA or
- (2) SFF NVMe (optional) SSD
System fan features
- Hot plug enclosure-based
- Mezzanine Graphics – NVIDIA M3000SE, AMD FirePro S7100X, NVIDIA Tesla M6
- PCIe Graphics – NVIDIA GRID K2, K1, NVIDIA Quadro M6000, M5000, K6000, K5000, K4000, HP MultiGPU with Six Quadro M3000SE, four Tesla M6, or four AMD FirePro S7100X
- 10Gb 536FLB FlexFabric Adapter 2 Ports per controller or
- 20Gb 650FLB FlexFabric Adapter 2 Ports per controller
- Depending on model
- H244br Host Bus Adapter or
- Smart Array P244br
- Depending on model
- iLO Management (standard), Intelligent Provisioning (standard), iLO Advanced for BladeSystem (optional), HP OneView Adanced (optional), HP Insight Control (optional)
- 3/3/3 – Server Warranty includes three years of parts, three years of labor, three years of onsite support coverage. Additional information regarding worldwide limited warranty and technical support is available at: http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/platforms/warranty/index.html Additional HP support and service coverage for your product can be purchased locally. For information on availability of service upgrades and the cost for these service upgrades, refer to the HP website at http://www.hp.com/support