Contactless Smart Card Reader The ACR 122s NFC Contactless Smart Card Reader is the serial interface reader in the ACR122 family developed based on the 13.56 MHz Contactless (RFID) Technology and compliant with the ISO/IEC 18092 Standard for Near Field Communication (NFC). It supports Mifare®, ISO 14443 Type A and B, and all four types of NFC tags. ACR 122s is a plug and play device which does not require any driver installation. It comes with a built-in ISO 7816 SAM slot for enhanced security, plus a buzzer and two LEDs for rich user interaction. The reader can also read and write faster and more efficiently by making use of up to 424 Kbps for tag access. The proximity operating distance of ACR122S is up to 5 cm, depending on the type of tag in use. ACR 122s is also available in module form for easy integration into bigger machines, like POS terminals, physical access devices and vending machines. Typical applications of the ACR 122s reader include e-payment, e-ticketing for events and mass transit, toll road fare collection and network authentication. Features of ACR 122s:
- Serial RS232 Interface
- USB interface for power supply
- CCID-like frame format (Binary format)
- Read/write speed up to 424 kbps
- Built-in antenna with reading distance of up to 50 mm
- Supports ISO 14443 Part 4 Type A and B, Mifare, FeliCa and all 4 types of NFC (ISO/IEC 18092) tags
- Built-in anti-collision feature (only 1 tag is accessed at any time)
- Selective card polling capability.
- Built-in SAM socket supports ISO7816 T=0 cards
- User-controllable LEDs.
- User-controllable buzzer
- e-Banking and e-Payment
- Network Security
- Access Control
- Loyalty Program